Advice useful for both your applications for a Scholarship and a teacher training place
Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarship
“How can I challenge my pupils if I am not prepared to challenge myself….” – Maths Scholar
Please be aware that the application round for scholarships in maths has now closed for academic year 17-18. Announcements regarding scholarships in maths for academic year 18-19 will be advertised in due course so please continue to check this page.
Over the years that the scheme has been running, a thriving social media community has developed on Twitter and Facebook. This year there is a website dedicated to the Maths Teacher Training Scholarship Scheme which gives more detail about all the Scheme can offer in addition to £27,500 such as membership of professional bodies; training courses and access to resources.
When you’re ready to apply, complete the Mathematics Teacher Training Scholarships online application. Please note that we cannot accept hard copies of the application form. In addition to this, you cannot save an application when you’re part way through its completion.
As a potential Scholar your excellent subject knowledge and first class communication skills will inspire passion and confidence in the next generation. But don’t think you aren’t good enough to apply – many of our Scholars didn’t!
Maths has never been more important to every aspect of modern life. In its recent Vision report the Royal Society concludes “Science and mathematics are central to understanding and interpreting many of the global challenges the world faces…..Being educated to a high standard in mathematics and science is likely to maximise young people’s chances of success, both personally and professionally, in an increasingly competitive society”
Maths Scholars community
Membership of the Maths Scholars community gives you:
- Access to superb professional resources with two years free membership of professional bodies
- Membership of a like minded and passionate community of Maths enthusiasts
- Support, inspiration and new ideas
- Recognition of your potential and will boost your confidence
- An improved CV that will set you apart from the crowd
- £27,500 tax free in your training year (replaces any bursary entitlement)
- Access to CPD events arranged and run by specialists in maths education
You may find some answers to your questions in our FAQ
- Institute of Mathematics and its Applications
- London Mathematical Society
- Royal Statistical Society
- Mathematics in Education and Industry
- Mathematical Association
- National STEM Centre
We welcome applications from people who can become passionate, knowledgeable and talented teachers to inspire and enthuse future generations.
Our Scholars come from a variety of backgrounds and educational experiences but all share a passion for sharing their love of maths with others.